Friday, November 30, 2012

Paleo Oatmeal

So lately I've been getting a little tired of just plain eggs or fruit for breakfast. I had been looking for something new and warm and delicious for wintertime and I'm so glad that I came across recipe on http://onapinktypewriter.com/2012/01/09/paleo-oatmeal/ , it's EXACTLY what I needed to switch things up a little!

This is the best paleo oatmeal that I've made so far, so good that I may or may not have made it every day for breakfast last week........ :]

Ingredients
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp honey
  • frozen fruit of your choice, my two favorites are blueberries and rasberries
  1. whisk together egg whites and almond milk. Then add the rest of the ingredients and make sure its blended well. (I found that peeling the banana and microwaving it in a bowl for about 20 seconds helps mash it much easier!)
  2. heat in small saucepan on low-medium heat and stir frequently until it reaches the right consistency. This took me about 10 minutes until I could tell that it had all been cooked through.
  3. DEVOUR
This has become one of my new favorite breakfasts... or lunches... or dinners (when kyle has school and im cooking for just myself). I have not yet tried to make it in the microwave but i'm sure that it would work just fine if you continue to stir it every 30 seconds or so. Trust me, this recipe is a keeper!


1 comment:

  1. Just gave this ago and it works great. I added a bit of almond flour and more milk for a more nutty taste. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete